Author Topic: Request: User option to control when PM refreshes thumbs pane  (Read 3776 times)

Offline JerryL

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi again -

So, I'm on a roll tonight!  Another request goes like this:

I have a thumbs pane open, there are several hundred or more files in the corresponding folder.  I switch the app focus to something else (usually PS or Nikon Capture).  Switching back is painful!  Extremely slow; even with a 2 gig fast box, this can be 20 or 30 seconds every time I switch!!!.  This really clobbers productivity when we're working through images from an event and up against very tight deadlines.

You had explained that changing app focus forces PM to rescan every time.  What I'm requesting is a user option that can temporarily disable refreshing, or let me refresh the pane manually.  Perhaps a check box at the bottom of the page?

Again - thanks for being so responsive!
jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Request: User option to control when PM refreshes thumbs pane
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:03:39 PM »
Hi again -

So, I'm on a roll tonight!  Another request goes like this:

I have a thumbs pane open, there are several hundred or more files in the corresponding folder.  I switch the app focus to something else (usually PS or Nikon Capture).  Switching back is painful!  Extremely slow; even with a 2 gig fast box, this can be 20 or 30 seconds every time I switch!!!.  This really clobbers productivity when we're working through images from an event and up against very tight deadlines.

You had explained that changing app focus forces PM to rescan every time.  What I'm requesting is a user option that can temporarily disable refreshing, or let me refresh the pane manually.  Perhaps a check box at the bottom of the page?

Please try the next 4.4.3.1 beta.  If I remember correctly you work with large TIFF files and the speed has been improved quite nicely.

HTH,

-Kirk