Author Topic: PM 4.5.3.1 and Portfolio  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Chantus

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.garciabetancourt.com
PM 4.5.3.1 and Portfolio
« on: April 05, 2008, 11:46:01 AM »
Hi, I´m trying PM 4.5.3.1
As I write IPTC info in spanish I use "ñ" and "´" caracters. No problem in PM but when I go to Extensis Portfolio 8.1.1.0 it changes them.
Portfolio doesn´t change these caracters when reading the same info put in Photoshop. What I´m doing wrong? Thank you
Pablo
Pablo Betancourt

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.5.3.1 and Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »
Pablo,

Hi, I´m trying PM 4.5.3.1
As I write IPTC info in spanish I use "ñ" and "´" caracters. No problem in PM but when I go to Extensis Portfolio 8.1.1.0 it changes them.
Portfolio doesn´t change these caracters when reading the same info put in Photoshop. What I´m doing wrong? Thank you

You'll likely need to change the "Default IPTC Encoding" to something Portfolio is expecting.  If you're on Windows, I would recommend trying "Microsoft Latin1+Euro" or "Microsoft Central Europe".  Or you can likely sidestep the entire issue by using only IPTC4XMP which is UTF-8 Unicode encoding and with that just about any language may be used without issue.

You can use the "Mask/Unmask" tool to mask out your IPTC, leaving the IPTC4XMP visible.  Then try importing a photo back into Portfolio and see if it handles XMP properly.  If so, then you can change your IPTC/XMP preferences to only embed IPTC4XMP from now on.  Any of your older images will benefit by masking out their IPTC as well.

HTH,

-Kirk