Author Topic: Saving Raw files as JPEGs  (Read 2646 times)

Offline neil

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Saving Raw files as JPEGs
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:38:20 PM »
I'm new to Photo Mechanic but I'm trying to save my Raw files (From D300) as JPEGs to then edit in PS. When trying to save the files I keep getting the message "None of the selected photos can be saved at high resolution." I have no problem saving the files from Bridge, so i know there's nothing wrong with the files. What am I missing?

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Saving Raw files as JPEGs
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 02:26:14 PM »
Neil,

I'm new to Photo Mechanic but I'm trying to save my Raw files (From D300) as JPEGs to then edit in PS. When trying to save the files I keep getting the message "None of the selected photos can be saved at high resolution." I have no problem saving the files from Bridge, so i know there's nothing wrong with the files. What am I missing?

Photo Mechanic is not a RAW converter.  Adobe Bridge is a RAW converter.  That said, there is a solution for generating JPEGs from your D300 NEFs.  You can use the Extract JPEG previews from RAW photos command on the Tools menu.  Moreover, in version 4.6 (currently in development) you'll be able to Save As from NEF files if you allow Photo Mechanic to use your NEF's embedded previews as a source image for the Save As dialog.  It still won't be a RAW converter, but you'll get JPEG that looks just like your NEF looks like in Photo Mechanic.

HTH,

-Kirk