Author Topic: what are all these extra files for?  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Lisa H

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
what are all these extra files for?
« on: May 10, 2008, 11:40:29 AM »
Hi, I noticed a bunch of extra files in the folder of images that I ingested using PM.  They take up memory!  Do I really need all of them?  Can I delete them?

Thanks, Lisa

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Lisa H

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
addt'l info
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »
forgot to add...
iMac G5
OS 10.4.2.
Memory: 1.5 GB
Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.1

Previously I ingested with the Mac's 'Image Capture' so I may just stick with that method for now.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: addt'l info
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
forgot to add...
iMac G5
OS 10.4.2.
Memory: 1.5 GB
Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.1

Previously I ingested with the Mac's 'Image Capture' so I may just stick with that method for now.

What folder are you Ingesting?  The file listing you showed are the internal components of Photo Mechanic!!!

-Kirk

Offline Lisa H

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: what are all these extra files for?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
just trying to ingest the files form my CF card (via the card reader)..... did I do something totally wrong?!?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: what are all these extra files for?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 02:33:02 PM »
just trying to ingest the files form my CF card (via the card reader)..... did I do something totally wrong?!?

Use the Ingest Disks selection instead of Ingest Folders.  Your CF card will show up in the list box in the upper left corner.

You can set PM to automatically show the Ingest dialog when a CF card is inserted.  Open up the Preferences dialog in Photo Mechanic, click on the Launching tab, and then click on the Configure button in the upper right corner.  Next, click on the General tab and then set Photo Mechanic to show the Ingest dialog on mount of a Camera Disk.  Then OK the Preferences dialog.  Now when you insert a CF card, PM will open up its Ingest dialog and your CF card should be pre-selected and ready for you to begin your Ingest.

HTH,

-Kirk