Author Topic: Remove device  (Read 5240 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Remove device
« on: April 18, 2008, 12:53:50 AM »
I would find it to be a useful addon to the ingest window to be able to directly remove disks allready finnished downloading not needing to do it elsewhere. I think it would be the best to add an eject button to the end of the ingest progress bar after ingest is complete and to the drive list in the ingest dialog (since I often put in a card just to check wheter it is empty or not). Maybe an auto eject after ingest complete option could be also added similarly to the auto erase option.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Remove device
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:11:59 AM »
I would find it to be a useful addon to the ingest window to be able to directly remove disks allready finnished downloading not needing to do it elsewhere. I think it would be the best to add an eject button to the end of the ingest progress bar after ingest is complete and to the drive list in the ingest dialog (since I often put in a card just to check wheter it is empty or not). Maybe an auto eject after ingest complete option could be also added similarly to the auto erase option.

There is already a feature to do this in the Ingest dialog.  It is a checkbox titled "Unmount Source Disk(s) after Ingest".  There is also an "Unmount" button in the Ingest dialog that will allow you to unmount a disk if you don't want it mounted anymore.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Remove device
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »
There is already a feature to do this in the Ingest dialog.  It is a checkbox titled "Unmount Source Disk(s) after Ingest".

I found it just today. It is great to know you still usually develop a step ahead of user requests but sometimes makes me feel a foul with the requests...
,-))

There is also an "Unmount" button in the Ingest dialog that will allow you to unmount a disk if you don't want it mounted anymore.

This one I didn't find either. I was looking for the usual eject sign and didn't notice the unmount button.

But I still would find it useful to add an unmout button to the Ingest progress window in case an ingest is complete to be able to manually remove the not needed drive. But I think what there is can be used for good.

Thanks a lot!
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com