Author Topic: Spotlight Search in Progress/Sort in Progress  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Gadifer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Spotlight Search in Progress/Sort in Progress
« on: July 19, 2008, 07:09:33 AM »
Hello,

When I try to do a Quick Search by camera model (d70s) and then sort by Capture Time PM just keeps chugging away but doesn't come up with anything. I have to change the Sort Order to Filename to get any results. The main window just reads Spotlight Search in Progress and in the lower left of the application is an indication of a Sort in Progress.

I'm running PM 4.5.3.2 on a MacBook running 10.5.4 with 4 GB of RAM. The sorting seemed to be instantaneous but I drifted away from photography for a couple months so I don't have a reference point.

Thanks for any advice on how to be able to sort by capture time.

Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Spotlight Search in Progress/Sort in Progress
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:06:11 AM »
Marc,

When I try to do a Quick Search by camera model (d70s) and then sort by Capture Time PM just keeps chugging away but doesn't come up with anything. I have to change the Sort Order to Filename to get any results. The main window just reads Spotlight Search in Progress and in the lower left of the application is an indication of a Sort in Progress.

I'm running PM 4.5.3.2 on a MacBook running 10.5.4 with 4 GB of RAM. The sorting seemed to be instantaneous but I drifted away from photography for a couple months so I don't have a reference point.

Thanks for any advice on how to be able to sort by capture time.

Try changing the sort to Capture Time after all of the results come in.  Sorting by Capture Time is by far the slowest sort because the Exif data of each file has to be parsed.

HTH,

-Kirk