Author Topic: Preview behavior  (Read 3891 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Preview behavior
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:55:04 AM »
I don't understand what need is for CTRL/Command+R in the preview window. CTRL/CMD+F does the same IF cropping is selected. If you unmark the crop checkbox CTRL/CMD+F goes to full screen image but doesn't return from it if pressed again you have to use CTRL/CMD+R. But if you have cropping marked CTRL/CMD+F works both for full screen and for returning from it too. This makes me think CTRL/CMD+R is unnecessary and its current need (if unchecked) is even disturbing if you use any way of imput devices with preprogrammed shortcuts.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Re: Preview behavior
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »
Tried to reproduce what you described and I found using Windows 4.5.3 that the F key (you do not have to use Ctrl+F) toggles zoom mode whether or not the image has a crop.

Was completely unaware (not an unusual state  ;) ) of the R key, which does seem to be unnecessary.

Deven

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Preview behavior
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:27:27 PM »
Tried to reproduce what you described and I found using Windows 4.5.3 that the F key (you do not have to use Ctrl+F) toggles zoom mode whether or not the image has a crop.

Was completely unaware (not an unusual state  ;) ) of the R key, which does seem to be unnecessary.

Deven

You are right, my mistake: no need for CTRL/CMD.
F and R stand alone as shortcuts. I didn't notice the R key until I moved to Mac but on the Mac version R is needed if you don't check the crop check mar (usually setting the crop is my first action once PM is started but using full screen it is necessary to use R since F doesn't work until you check the crop).
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com