Author Topic: Total beginner to Photo Mechanic  (Read 3037 times)

Offline ornate_wrasse

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Total beginner to Photo Mechanic
« on: April 22, 2008, 10:13:55 PM »
Hi all,

I just downloaded Photo Mechanic for the very first time and will use it as a demo.  When I attended a Nikon Capture NX class taught by Winston Hall, he said that Photo Mechanic worked well with Capture NX and that's what he used in his workflow.  So here I am!  I mainly shoot underwater images and since I have a couple of trips coming up (one of them to Indonesia in the fall), I figured that PM would come in handy   :D

I downloaded the Manual and hopefully will be able to start using it right away.   

Cheers,

Ellen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Total beginner to Photo Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 11:36:17 PM »
Ellen,

I just downloaded Photo Mechanic for the very first time and will use it as a demo.  When I attended a Nikon Capture NX class taught by Winston Hall, he said that Photo Mechanic worked well with Capture NX and that's what he used in his workflow.  So here I am!  I mainly shoot underwater images and since I have a couple of trips coming up (one of them to Indonesia in the fall), I figured that PM would come in handy   :D

I downloaded the Manual and hopefully will be able to start using it right away.

I hope you enjoy Photo Mechanic.  Feel free to ask questions on the forums.

Jason Odell has written a really nice guide for Capture NX and he uses Photo Mechanic for most of his workflow.  You can check it out here:

http://www.luminescentphoto.com/capturenx.html

-Kirk

Offline ornate_wrasse

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Total beginner to Photo Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 11:15:13 PM »
Thanks, Kirk.

I do have Jason Odell's ebook and have found it very helpful.  Jason has a slightly different view on some of Capture NX's features than Winston Hall.  It's good to know there's more than one way to handle a situation with Capture NX.

I will probably have plenty of questions on PM.  It's good to know there are forums like this where we can go

Cheers,

ellen
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:02:29 PM by ornate_wrasse »