Author Topic: Slideshow has stopped working  (Read 2552 times)

Offline ConnieS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Slideshow has stopped working
« on: April 25, 2008, 08:10:41 PM »
I had been running slideshow with no problems. Now, the Slideshow options box opens; but regardless of what option(s) I choose; when I click "Start" nothing happens. I have double-checked that I have photos selected; tried a directory with just one photo, etc. with no luck. I have upgraded to version 4.5.3.1. , but it made no difference. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Slideshow has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 01:48:28 PM »
I had been running slideshow with no problems. Now, the Slideshow options box opens; but regardless of what option(s) I choose; when I click "Start" nothing happens. I have double-checked that I have photos selected; tried a directory with just one photo, etc. with no luck. I have upgraded to version 4.5.3.1. , but it made no difference. Any thoughts? Thanks!

What OS you are running?

-Kirk

Offline ConnieS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 07:13:07 PM »
Sorry to be slow responding - I am running Windows 2000 SP4.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:43:21 PM »
Sorry to be slow responding - I am running Windows 2000 SP4.

I think it is likely something related to your video card driver is causing the problem.  The slideshow takes over the screen using SDL which I believe is based on either OpenGL or DirectX.

We no longer test Photo Mechanic against Windows 2000 since we no longer have any systems that run Windows 2000.  The last version we directly tested Photo Mechanic against Windows 2000 was version 4.4.3.3.

I suggest checking with the manufacturer of your video card to see if they have a newer driver for your card.

-Kirk