Author Topic: Rotate 180  (Read 5039 times)

Offline jeffkowalsky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rotate 180
« on: April 28, 2008, 12:42:04 PM »
I would like to see an option to rotate images 180 degrees. This would come in handy when rotating a bunch of images from a remote camera.

Thanks,

Jeff

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rotate 180
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 02:35:13 PM »
Jeff,

I would like to see an option to rotate images 180 degrees. This would come in handy when rotating a bunch of images from a remote camera.

You can perform two clockwise or counter-clockwise rotations to rotate an image 180 degrees.  Or do you want to flip the image along its vertical or horizontal axis, thus creating a mirrored image?

-Kirk

Offline jeffkowalsky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »
I have been using the two counter-clockwise rotation method to get the images to the correct view. When you are rotating a couple hundred images on a cf card it might save some time in the editing process to do that in one step.

Thanks for the quick reply.

jeff

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 04:03:17 PM »
Jeff,

I have been using the two counter-clockwise rotation method to get the images to the correct view. When you are rotating a couple hundred images on a cf card it might save some time in the editing process to do that in one step.

Please don't work directly on your CF Card!  Not only is it quite a bit slower, but it is also dangerous.  The images on the card are your only source for those images.  Ingest first.  Then edit.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 07:34:02 PM »
Jeff,

Just select all the images that need rotating and then you can rotate them all at once with two taps of Alt+[ or Alt+].

See Image | Rotate Photos CCW and Image | Rotate Photos CW.

Deven