Author Topic: remember folders?  (Read 7380 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
remember folders?
« on: May 01, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »
Kirk - I have 1 folder open (A) and used shift click on additional 3 folders (B, C, D) to see 4 folders ingested over 4 days into 4 folders - But I only see 1 tab (A) on the top of the contact sheet window (I think this is normal but I would like some indication that more folders are contained in that contact sheet). I would like to use remember folders to be able to reopen this but "View" remember folders is greyed out? Can I save this "view" ?
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: remember folders?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »
Kirk - I have 1 folder open (A) and used shift click on additional 3 folders (B, C, D) to see 4 folders ingested over 4 days into 4 folders - But I only see 1 tab (A) on the top of the contact sheet window (I think this is normal but I would like some indication that more folders are contained in that contact sheet). I would like to use remember folders to be able to reopen this but "View" remember folders is greyed out? Can I save this "view" ?

Are you seeing four days worth of photos in that single Contact Sheet tab?

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 06:56:55 PM »
Yes - All 4 days show up there. BTW Version 4.5.3.1 on Win XP.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »
Yes - All 4 days show up there. BTW Version 4.5.3.1 on Win XP.

For the "Remember Folders..." item to be disabled, PM must think that only a single folder is open in that Contact Sheet tab.  Try closing it and reopening the four folders together again and then try to use the Remember Folders command.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 05:53:46 AM »
I tried opening additional folders - no luck. I closed the folder with the 4 folders then opened more folders - still disabled. I closed PM & Restarted it, opended 4 seperate folders - still disabled. I'll try to reboot to see if that helps next.
I've Never tried the Remember Folders before so I don't know if it ever worked on my machine.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 06:49:35 AM »
I tried opening additional folders - no luck. I closed the folder with the 4 folders then opened more folders - still disabled. I closed PM & Restarted it, opended 4 seperate folders - still disabled. I'll try to reboot to see if that helps next.
I've Never tried the Remember Folders before so I don't know if it ever worked on my machine.

How about instead of using the Shift key, try right-clicking on the additional folders in the Navigator and choose "Open in current Contact Sheet" for each additional folder you wish to open?  I just tried it and it worked for me.  Remember Folders... is available and works fine.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
Right clicking doesn't get Remember Folders to be available either. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 02:04:50 PM »
Right clicking doesn't get Remember Folders to be available either. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

Is there something special about your paths to the folders that is out of the ordinary?  Do you have the Favorites pane disabled?

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »
Nothing strange - The navigator window is open & the directory is C:\Images with the subfolders being C:\images\20080401.
I attached a screen shot - I hope it works

[attachment deleted by admin]
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 06:17:23 PM »
Nothing strange - The navigator window is open & the directory is C:\Images with the subfolders being C:\images\20080401.
I attached a screen shot - I hope it works

The picture really helped.  You're not opening multiple folders into a single Contact Sheet tab.  You have multiple Contact Sheet tabs open.  That won't work.  You need to open all of them into a single Contact Sheet tab.  Then the Rename Folders... command will work.

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 06:42:06 PM »
Actually - That's where I started but I thought this should work also. This time I opened 20080502 then 20080428 then 20080417 and 20080413 using right click - open in current Contact Sheet.

Otherwise if you have a step by step instruction (to cover what step I might be missing) Please let me know.
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »
Actually - That's where I started but I thought this should work also. This time I opened 20080502 then 20080428 then 20080417 and 20080413 using right click - open in current Contact Sheet.

Otherwise if you have a step by step instruction (to cover what step I might be missing) Please let me know.

You need to make the Favorites pane visible (it can be turned on from the View menu.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 06:01:25 AM »
That's all I was missing - I knew it (I) was simple. I closed that window a Loooong time ago.

Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC