Author Topic: Why Contact Email in IPTC Stationery but not in Info Display?  (Read 4928 times)

Offline Geoffrey Hervey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
The IPTC Stationery Pad contains an entry line for Contact email.  The list of IPTC data that appears when one clicks on the IPTC Info Display icon on any individual image, however, does not include the piece of data.  Why not?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Why Contact Email in IPTC Stationery but not in Info Display?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »
Geoffrey,

The IPTC Stationery Pad contains an entry line for Contact email.  The list of IPTC data that appears when one clicks on the IPTC Info Display icon on any individual image, however, does not include the piece of data.  Why not?

You need to scroll the vertical scroll bar up a bit.  Then you'll see the missing fields.  You can resize the dialog taller (nearly as tall as your screen.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Geoffrey Hervey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »
No, that's not it (but it's a good guess...).  Even when I scroll up (down), there is no "Contact E-mail."  I get contact address, city, state, zip, country, phone and Web, but NOT e-mail.  "Contact e-mail" appears when I bring up the main stationery, but not when I click on the i button for an individual image. 

Attached is a screen shot (in a Word doc).  Sorry, it is very small because I am using a dual screen setup.  Maybe I am just missing it, but it does not seem to be there. 

I am using PM ver 4.5.3.  This appears on my Vista desktop and my XP Pro notebook.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
No, that's not it (but it's a good guess...).  Even when I scroll up (down), there is no "Contact E-mail."  I get contact address, city, state, zip, country, phone and Web, but NOT e-mail.  "Contact e-mail" appears when I bring up the main stationery, but not when I click on the i button for an individual image. 

Attached is a screen shot (in a Word doc).  Sorry, it is very small because I am using a dual screen setup.  Maybe I am just missing it, but it does not seem to be there. 

I am using PM ver 4.5.3.  This appears on my Vista desktop and my XP Pro notebook.

Can you post your screen shot as a JPEG?  I cannot view the file you uploaded.

-Kirk

Offline Geoffrey Hervey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 09:25:02 AM »
Here is a JPEG screen shot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »
Geoffrey,

Here is a JPEG screen shot.

I will fix this in the final 4.5.3.2 release.

Thanks for the screen shot.

-Kirk

P.S. The item that is just labeled "*Contact" is the Contact Email(s): field.  It is just clipped off because you're using Large Fonts on your system.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 09:07:24 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Geoffrey Hervey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
You said: "The item that is just labeled "*Contact" is the Contact Email(s): field.  It is just clipped off because you're using Large Fonts on your system."

It sure is.  I am not sure why that was not apparent before.  I DID try various tests to see if I could populate that field, but I must have done something wrong. 

Yes, I am using large fonts.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 02:04:17 PM »
Geoffrey,

You said: "The item that is just labeled "*Contact" is the Contact Email(s): field.  It is just clipped off because you're using Large Fonts on your system."

It sure is.  I am not sure why that was not apparent before.  I DID try various tests to see if I could populate that field, but I must have done something wrong. 

Yes, I am using large fonts.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

I am expanding the text label and hopefully it will display properly on your system when I'm done.

-Kirk