Author Topic: Help! "Apply rotation to JPEGs" causes loss of files?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline egidio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Help! "Apply rotation to JPEGs" causes loss of files?
« on: May 10, 2008, 01:46:12 PM »
I used "Apply rotation to JPEGs" function on folder with 1000 jpeg-s, half of jpeg-s is now shown as ""unsupported format variant" and few "unable to render image". Some of them are damaged(it shows pixeled rainbow pattern on half of image"

I can't open them in any program, photoshop says "could not complete your request, because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found."

Please help, its important!

Offline egidio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Help! "Apply rotation to JPEGs" causes loss of files?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »
p.s. I'm using Windows XP sp2, Photo mechanic 4.5.3, 2GB ram

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »
I used "Apply rotation to JPEGs" function on folder with 1000 jpeg-s, half of jpeg-s is now shown as ""unsupported format variant" and few "unable to render image". Some of them are damaged(it shows pixeled rainbow pattern on half of image"

I can't open them in any program, photoshop says "could not complete your request, because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found."

Please help, its important!

We know of no bugs in that feature that would cause such an issue to occur, but it would help to have some of the damaged files so we could take a look at them to see what went wrong.  Please click on my name to the left of this message and then click on the "personal message" link.  Reference this issue and I'll respond with instructions.

-Kirk

Offline egidio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 05:00:49 AM »
Never mind, it was harddrive faliure(or a virus), not Photomechanic's fault.

Photomechanic just rewrited files on rotation to disc that was currupted.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 05:06:52 AM by egidio »