Author Topic: Shutter speed set by exifedit not displayed by Photo Mechanic  (Read 2323 times)

Offline smithsm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile

RAM: 1 GB
Photo Mechanic version 4.5.3.1

On a JPG image scanned from a 35-mm slide, I've been using "exifedit" in the EXIFutils (version 2.7) to set some of the EXIF variables, including shutter speed and f-stop.

Having set these variables, if I use exiflist to inspect them, here's part of the display:

FILE: 04720.jpg

Camera   
  Firmware Version         : EXIFutils V2.7.4
  Artist                   : Stephen M Smith
  Copyright                : Stephen M Smith

F-Number                 : 5.6
  EXIF Version             : 0220
  Date/Time Taken          : 1967:07:22 00:00:00
  Shutter Speed (sec)      : 1/128
  User Comment             : Baker Lake, NWT. Epilobium on the lakeshore.

Note that the shutter speed, "1/128" is a minor bug for "1/125", but this is unrelated to the inability of Photo Mechanic to display the shutter field. Here's the "Image Info" screen:

<Well, not displayed here because I can’t figure out how to insert an image into this post. Take my word for me, Photo Mechanic displays the Shutter: field as empty.

The f-stop is correctly shown as "Aperture" but the Shutter field is blank. (The other fields are expected to be blank because this was a scanned image and I haven't written information into those fields.)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Shutter speed set by exifedit not displayed by Photo Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 06:40:41 PM »

RAM: 1 GB
Photo Mechanic version 4.5.3.1

On a JPG image scanned from a 35-mm slide, I've been using "exifedit" in the EXIFutils (version 2.7) to set some of the EXIF variables, including shutter speed and f-stop.

Having set these variables, if I use exiflist to inspect them, here's part of the display:

FILE: 04720.jpg

Camera   
  Firmware Version         : EXIFutils V2.7.4
  Artist                   : Stephen M Smith
  Copyright                : Stephen M Smith

F-Number                 : 5.6
  EXIF Version             : 0220
  Date/Time Taken          : 1967:07:22 00:00:00
  Shutter Speed (sec)      : 1/128
  User Comment             : Baker Lake, NWT. Epilobium on the lakeshore.

Note that the shutter speed, "1/128" is a minor bug for "1/125", but this is unrelated to the inability of Photo Mechanic to display the shutter field. Here's the "Image Info" screen:

<Well, not displayed here because I can’t figure out how to insert an image into this post. Take my word for me, Photo Mechanic displays the Shutter: field as empty.

The f-stop is correctly shown as "Aperture" but the Shutter field is blank. (The other fields are expected to be blank because this was a scanned image and I haven't written information into those fields.)

Can we get a sample file from you?  Click on my name to the left of this message and then click on the "personal message" link.  I will respond with server upload info.

Thanks,

-Kirk