Author Topic: Jpeg rotation warning  (Read 10560 times)

Offline Ron Scheffler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Jpeg rotation warning
« on: April 26, 2006, 12:35:41 PM »
I like the "lossless" rotation option and very much like being able to access it through Apple-Control-R. However, I don't like the warning box that pops up explaining the details of the rotation. I can understand having it pop up the first few times, but IMO doing an Apple-Control-R requires a decision which the opertator is intentionally making.

I would like to see an option to disable the warning box (or point me to its location, because if it exists, I missed it after searching a couple times). Either something like "never show this box again" check-mark option on the box, or the option to disable it in Preferences, or only have the box come up if the option is being accessed through the Tools menu. If I'm using the keyboard shortcut, I'm possibly in a bit of a hurry and eliminating the extra step of clicking OK or hitting Return to dismiss the warning would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ron
Ron Scheffler - Photographer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Jpeg rotation warning
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »
I like the "lossless" rotation option and very much like being able to access it through Apple-Control-R. However, I don't like the warning box that pops up explaining the details of the rotation. I can understand having it pop up the first few times, but IMO doing an Apple-Control-R requires a decision which the opertator is intentionally making.

Just hold down the Option key as well and the dialog will be skipped.  Windows users will need to hold down the Shift key instead.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Re: Jpeg rotation warning
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:22:04 PM »
I like rons suggestion of having a box to click/check. That warning is annoying.  Seems easier than another key combo...

How about is we say please?

-dbr
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713