Author Topic: Possible in PM  (Read 4980 times)

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
Possible in PM
« on: May 14, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »
I have found PM to be a great asset.  It does what it's supposed to do very well.  One area that it falls short is creating a selection of images from multiple folders to send out for submissions.  I have used iview in the past but it is now not compatible with my nikon d3, owned by MS, etc.. 

How are others 'dealing' with this issue.  Say I have a client that wants to see images of dogs.  I can't pull a selection and create a 'catalog' not sure what else to call it.  Iphoto does this, iview does this but not PM.  Is that what I have been hearing is in the works with an undefined timeline?  This, to me, is a critical function that few pieces of software seem to be able to handle, but is something that is highly valuable to me, and I'm sure others.

Sorry if this is a repeat/old question but it's something I need very often.

thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Possible in PM
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 07:46:53 PM »
I have found PM to be a great asset.  It does what it's supposed to do very well.  One area that it falls short is creating a selection of images from multiple folders to send out for submissions.  I have used iview in the past but it is now not compatible with my nikon d3, owned by MS, etc.. 

How are others 'dealing' with this issue.  Say I have a client that wants to see images of dogs.  I can't pull a selection and create a 'catalog' not sure what else to call it.  Iphoto does this, iview does this but not PM.  Is that what I have been hearing is in the works with an undefined timeline?

Yes, we're working on cataloging for Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:03:33 PM »
Roger, this fall under TBD for the timeline I'm guessing?  Any hint?  6 months?  6 years?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:52:31 PM »
Roger, this fall under TBD for the timeline I'm guessing?  Any hint?  6 months?  6 years?

I don't have an exact date for you, but it definitely won't be six years.

-Kirk