Author Topic: Send image from PM contact sheet to ACR?  (Read 4164 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Send image from PM contact sheet to ACR?
« on: May 11, 2008, 07:13:27 PM »
Probably not really a PM question, but more a ACR question...

I'd like to send a TIFF file directly to ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) from a PM contact sheet.   
I got the part about Preferences/Launching/Assign Specific app for file type - then Custom Editor #n. but I don't know what to put in there to send an image file straight to ACR. 

I'm on a Mac, and I dont  see a way to go to ACR directly from Finder either  (that would make it easy!)

Thanks!

Ron

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Send image from PM contact sheet to ACR?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 08:55:27 PM »
Ron,

Probably not really a PM question, but more a ACR question...

I'd like to send a TIFF file directly to ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) from a PM contact sheet.   
I got the part about Preferences/Launching/Assign Specific app for file type - then Custom Editor #n. but I don't know what to put in there to send an image file straight to ACR. 

I'm on a Mac, and I dont  see a way to go to ACR directly from Finder either  (that would make it easy!)

It's more or less up to Photoshop to decide what to do with an image that is sent to it.  In general, RAW files are opened up by ACR and other file types like JPEG, TIFF and PSD are opened up by Photoshop directly.  There may be some preference within ACR or Photoshop that lets you choose how a particular file type is opened...

-Kirk