Author Topic: Viewing Combined RAW and JPEG images  (Read 3559 times)

Offline dollsj

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Viewing Combined RAW and JPEG images
« on: May 16, 2008, 04:56:20 AM »
I just joined the forum for an answer. I'm on a MacBook Pro, 2 GB RAM, running 10.5.2, and using a Canon Mark III Ds.  When reading files from this camera [via Firewire card reader], it separates the CRS and JPEG even though under VIEW, the COMBINED is checked.  The same issue happened on my Mac PRO with files from this camera. Files from a Mark III, and 40D are combined.  I've looked through the Canon manual for the Ds, but can't find what the camera might be doing. I'm on a shoot now, and I'd like to rename both files as they are downloaded. Currently, I have to rename the CR2s and then the JPEGs separately, resetting the sequence so the have the same number. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Viewing Combined RAW and JPEG images
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:40:12 AM »
I just joined the forum for an answer. I'm on a MacBook Pro, 2 GB RAM, running 10.5.2, and using a Canon Mark III Ds.  When reading files from this camera [via Firewire card reader], it separates the CRS and JPEG even though under VIEW, the COMBINED is checked.  The same issue happened on my Mac PRO with files from this camera. Files from a Mark III, and 40D are combined.  I've looked through the Canon manual for the Ds, but can't find what the camera might be doing. I'm on a shoot now, and I'd like to rename both files as they are downloaded. Currently, I have to rename the CR2s and then the JPEGs separately, resetting the sequence so the have the same number. 

Is there a way to get the camera to produce images that end in .CR2 ?  I am guessing that this is why they're not getting combined.

-Kirk

Offline SnapperGeoff

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 03:41:01 AM »
I am experiencing a similar problem with the latest shoots on my Nikon D2Xs. The Jpegs and Raw files won't combine either using the keyboard shortcut or the menu option. This is a pain when I convert my raw files and wish to transport the jpegs to another folder. Perhaps the software has become corrupted? I don't think I am doing anything different within my workflow. I am using version 4.4.3.3 on a Mac Dual 2Gh and OSX 10.4.11

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:50:44 AM »
I am experiencing a similar problem with the latest shoots on my Nikon D2Xs. The Jpegs and Raw files won't combine either using the keyboard shortcut or the menu option. This is a pain when I convert my raw files and wish to transport the jpegs to another folder. Perhaps the software has become corrupted? I don't think I am doing anything different within my workflow. I am using version 4.4.3.3 on a Mac Dual 2Gh and OSX 10.4.11

What are the filename extensions on both the RAW file and the JPEG file?

-Kirk

Offline SnapperGeoff

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 07:47:12 AM »
Kirk,

I rename my files on ingest like this: gwp_date_seq.NEF. When I convert the raw to jpegs , the jpegs are saved in the same folder with the raw files. So they have the same prefix,date and seq number and the extension 'jpg'.  I don't believe I have altered anything in my workflow but for some reason I cannot combine the two files. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 09:24:01 AM »
I rename my files on ingest like this: gwp_date_seq.NEF. When I convert the raw to jpegs , the jpegs are saved in the same folder with the raw files. So they have the same prefix,date and seq number and the extension 'jpg'.  I don't believe I have altered anything in my workflow but for some reason I cannot combine the two files. 

Could you zip up a few sets of files and send them to us?  Send me a personal message for upload info.

Thanks,

-Kirk