Author Topic: applying IPTC info  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Lisa H

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
applying IPTC info
« on: May 17, 2008, 08:32:08 AM »
Hi, not sure what I am doing wrong...
I have been applying info in the IPTC stationary pad & info panel, but whenever I go back to open (command I) the info for an image, I always see the info for the last set of images that I applied info to, not the info that I previously applied to that particular image.
I have tried pressing both 'save' and also 'apply stationary to selected' but the info still does not appear to save how I want it to.  Help!

Thanks, Lisa

iMac G5
OS 10.4.2.
Memory: 1.5 GB
Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: applying IPTC info
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 10:04:28 AM »
Lisa,

Hi, not sure what I am doing wrong...
I have been applying info in the IPTC stationary pad & info panel, but whenever I go back to open (command I) the info for an image, I always see the info for the last set of images that I applied info to, not the info that I previously applied to that particular image.
I have tried pressing both 'save' and also 'apply stationary to selected' but the info still does not appear to save how I want it to.  Help!

Do you have the 'apply' checkboxes (the ones to the left of each text field) checked?

-Kirk

Offline Lisa H

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 10:20:59 AM »
Yes I have a check in the boxes next to the fields that have info in them.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »
Lisa,

Yes I have a check in the boxes next to the fields that have info in them.

Now that I read your original posting again, I see that you're bringing up the IPTC Stationery Pad again, and not the IPTC Info for an individual photo.  To see the current IPTC data for a photo, click on the 'i' button that appears when you hover your mouse over the photo.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Lisa H

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 11:48:26 AM »
Ok so 'command I' does not show me info for a particular image, but clicking on the 'i' in the circle will... I think that clears that up!

Thank you!

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 03:51:24 AM »
You can also just press "i" on the keyboard to bring up IPTC dialog for single image.