Author Topic: PM on a mapped network drive  (Read 5050 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
PM on a mapped network drive
« on: June 20, 2006, 08:57:32 PM »
I'm trying the new beta - Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.1 on a new dual core PC. I was "cleaning out" some old folders - from before I was using PM stored on a mapped network drive on a PC where I usually work on PM.
From the New PC & New PM I marked some files as grey - to delete. & some as Orange to show up in searches. I then sorted to only show greys, selected all, and deleted but I received an error "cannot delete file xxxx: access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and thet the file is not currently in use."
but then the images were still there but no longer color coded ( a time or 2 some were deleted)  - the orange files also lost their color coding but not all one or 2 still had their color.
Should I be able to work from a mapped network drive - (speed does not seem to be an issue)?

Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Andrew MacKay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keaphotos.com
Re: PM on a mapped network drive
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:14:17 PM »
Check the permissions on the network drive ... make sure that you have delete privilages and that the files were not in the process of being backed up at the time.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM on a mapped network drive
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 10:37:43 PM »
Check the permissions on the network drive ... make sure that you have delete privilages and that the files were not in the process of being backed up at the time.

PM doesn't care if the drive letter maps to a network drive, a CF card reader, a hard drive or anything else.  It just cares if there is a valid filesystem there that it can query for files and read and write to those files.  Checking your permissions sounds in order.

-Kirk