Author Topic: changing capture date  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Lisa H

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
changing capture date
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:58:24 AM »
I am trying to change the date for multiple images b/c my camera settings were off by one day.

I see that I can do this by going to 'tools/adjust capture date and times'.
I have the 'update file creation date/time' checked here.  Should I also have the 'update file IPTC/XMP date/time' checked? 

I think that I can also adjust the date through the stationary pad, I am just having a minor issue being able to this to multiple images at once, verses having to push the arrow that will save the new date for each one & take me to the next image...
what is the best way to go about doing this?

Thanks, Lisa

iMac G5
OS 10.4.2.
Memory: 1.5 GB
Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: changing capture date
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »
Lisa,

I am trying to change the date for multiple images b/c my camera settings were off by one day.

I see that I can do this by going to 'tools/adjust capture date and times'.
I have the 'update file creation date/time' checked here.  Should I also have the 'update file IPTC/XMP date/time' checked? 

I think that I can also adjust the date through the stationary pad, I am just having a minor issue being able to this to multiple images at once, verses having to push the arrow that will save the new date for each one & take me to the next image...
what is the best way to go about doing this?

The fastest way to adjust times (capture, modification, and IPTC) is via the Adjust Capture Dates and Times dialog.  If you want the IPTC/XMP date and time to match the capture time (most people do) then set that checkbox.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Lisa H

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: changing capture date
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 05:57:46 PM »
Great thank you!