Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Welt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Priorities
« on: May 19, 2008, 07:39:25 PM »
Hello,
I recognized that priorities set during ingesting with PhotoMechanic 4.5.3.1 are not recognized by ExpressionMedia 2 nor Fotostation 6.112. Any hope that this is changed in future versions of PhotoMechanic?
I am working with Leica DNG-files and Mac OS-X 10.5.2.
Regards
Welt

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Priorities
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:57:51 PM »
Welt,

I recognized that priorities set during ingesting with PhotoMechanic 4.5.3.1 are not recognized by ExpressionMedia 2 nor Fotostation 6.112. Any hope that this is changed in future versions of PhotoMechanic?
I am working with Leica DNG-files and Mac OS-X 10.5.2.

I am not familiar with "priorities".  What are you describing?

-Kirk

Offline Welt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 10:23:28 PM »
Hi Kirk,

sorry, my mistake. I mean the mark you call "color class".

Regards
Patrick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:37:34 PM »
Patrick,

sorry, my mistake. I mean the mark you call "color class".

We write them out as "Labels" in the XMP data the same way Adobe's products do. (You need to use the IPTC/XMP tab to tell PM to output XMP data.  And on the Files tab set the "Add tag, color class, and rating" popup menu to "For all photos".)

As long as the other two products you mentioned can interoperate with Adobe's "standards" then it should work fine.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Welt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:54:05 PM »
Kirk,

Thanks. FYI, both programs mentioned take over all annotations, except for the color class.

One further question: As Adobe products like Bridge use a five-field-color-code, do they only read the first five ones from PM and skip the others?

Regards
Patrick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 11:02:32 PM »
Patrick,

Thanks. FYI, both programs mentioned take over all annotations, except for the color class.

One further question: As Adobe products like Bridge use a five-field-color-code, do they only read the first five ones from PM and skip the others?

Bridge can support as many Label names as you want to create.  There can only be a few at a time (I'm not certain offhand if there are five in total) but you can Label a few photos, change the Labels and Label a few more photos, and if you browse all of the photos at the same time, they will retain their own Labels in excess of the limited simultaneous set.)  If you want PM and Bridge's Labels/Color Class to interoperate seamlessly then you need to use the same set of Label names and colors in both applications.

-Kirk

Offline Welt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 11:52:11 PM »
Kirk,

Thanks.

Patrick