Author Topic: Different subfolder options for Primary vs. Secondary  (Read 2633 times)

Offline lnotwell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Different subfolder options for Primary vs. Secondary
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:03:09 PM »
I just bought a Nikon D300 (which came with ViewNX). However, I'm currently evaluating Photo Mechanic and am planning on purchasing based on the speed and tag/select capabilities. Great product! Much better than ViewNX in its current state.

However, one feature that exists in Nikon Transfer that I don't see in PM is the ability to have separate settings for subfolders for the Primary destination vs. the Secondary. I use a single folder for my Primary, then manually move files into subfolders later, but I like to have the subfolder (using date) created automatically for the Secondary ingest destination (for archival).

Am I missing something?

Best regards
Lindsay
Lindsay
XP Media Center SP2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Different subfolder options for Primary vs. Secondary
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »
Lindsay,

I just bought a Nikon D300 (which came with ViewNX). However, I'm currently evaluating Photo Mechanic and am planning on purchasing based on the speed and tag/select capabilities. Great product! Much better than ViewNX in its current state.

However, one feature that exists in Nikon Transfer that I don't see in PM is the ability to have separate settings for subfolders for the Primary destination vs. the Secondary. I use a single folder for my Primary, then manually move files into subfolders later, but I like to have the subfolder (using date) created automatically for the Secondary ingest destination (for archival).

Am I missing something?

The same folder naming options are applied to both the primary and secondary destinations.  There is no option to create a different folder hierarchy for each destination.

-Kirk

Offline lnotwell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Different subfolder options for Primary vs. Secondary
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 07:22:35 AM »
Thanks, Kirk.

Perhaps a suggestion for a future enhancement?

Best regards
Lindsay
Lindsay
XP Media Center SP2