Author Topic: transfering info from one contact sheet to another  (Read 2363 times)

Offline nicole

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
transfering info from one contact sheet to another
« on: May 24, 2008, 07:25:43 AM »
I edited a wedding in Photo mechanic, not realizing I had some corrupted images. Long story short, I was able to get the original files ok in a new folder. Is there an easy way to pick the same image numbers (but not the actual corrupted file) from the old folder to the new folder without either re-editing them or going back and forth and making sure I pick the same images?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: transfering info from one contact sheet to another
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 08:28:32 AM »
Nicole,

I edited a wedding in Photo mechanic, not realizing I had some corrupted images. Long story short, I was able to get the original files ok in a new folder. Is there an easy way to pick the same image numbers (but not the actual corrupted file) from the old folder to the new folder without either re-editing them or going back and forth and making sure I pick the same images?

You can open the two folders into the same contact sheet.  Sorting by filename should put the two sets of images side-by-side.  If you then turn on the "Info Tooltips" (from the View menu) and hover over each image, you should see the information of each image (you may need to edit the Info Text to include the information you're wanting to see.  You can add additional variables like {caption} via the 'Set Info Text...' command on the Edit menu.)  Select the images that have the information and then you could copy them elsewhere.

I don't know if that addresses your issue or not.  If not, please explain further what you're trying to do and I'll do what I can to help.

-Kirk