Author Topic: Autoplay doesn't include PM on Vista-64  (Read 6146 times)

Offline TiggerGTO

• View Profile
Autoplay doesn't include PM on Vista-64
« on: May 25, 2008, 11:26:49 AM »
I just built a new Vista 64-bit machine, and I've installed PM on it.  When I insert a CF card in the reader, "Ingest photos with PhotoMechanic" is not one of the choices in the Autoplay list.  What do I need to do to get PhotoMechanic into the list?

Thanks,
Danny

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Autoplay doesn't include PM on Vista-64
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:55:08 AM »
Danny,

I just built a new Vista 64-bit machine, and I've installed PM on it.  When I insert a CF card in the reader, "Ingest photos with PhotoMechanic" is not one of the choices in the Autoplay list.  What do I need to do to get PhotoMechanic into the list?

If it doesn't automatically work on its own, then there is likely no way to get it to work.  Photo Mechanic has not been tested in 64-bit environments.

-Kirk

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 05:04:33 PM »
Danny,

I am about to build a Vista 64-bit machine.  Does PM work ok except for the autoplay issue?

Thanks

Bill Wood

Offline agood214

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »
I was wondering, since autoplay functionality has changed for Vista - are there going to be any fixes to PM that would take care of this problem ?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 05:27:09 PM »
I was wondering, since autoplay functionality has changed for Vista - are there going to be any fixes to PM that would take care of this problem ?

I would like to fix it, but I don't have access to a 64-bit system.

-Kirk

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »

-Kirk

ohhhh !!
I think it should not be a problem for a software-development team to get an 64 bit machine. since 1 or 2 years evers supermarked does sell them and its very hard to get now not a 64bit PC if you buy a new one, so, the a lot of your customer will have a 64bit PC and so I hope you too.
using the latest version of PM on win10

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 12:40:20 PM »

-Kirk

ohhhh !!
I think it should not be a problem for a software-development team to get an 64 bit machine. since 1 or 2 years evers supermarked does sell them and its very hard to get now not a 64bit PC if you buy a new one, so, the a lot of your customer will have a 64bit PC and so I hope you too.

I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

-Kirk

Offline TiggerGTO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 07:28:56 PM »
Kirk,
I was thinking about this "bug" today.  I wonder if this is a Vista problem rather than a 64-bit problem.  I did some searching on MSDN and found Supporting Autoplay (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa969686(VS.85).aspx).  It looks like there were some enhancements in Vista to make autoplay a little more flexible.  Does this article provide any additional information?

Danny