Author Topic: IPTC info / tool ... not working.  (Read 5526 times)

Offline bokeron

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC info / tool ... not working.
« on: June 21, 2006, 07:08:32 PM »
Using PM 4.4.3, Windows XP SP2.

I cant get the IPTC Info panel, when I use the "i" key (keyboard or thumbnail icon), an error message appears : "An unsupported operation was attempted". It happens always, regardless the image format, and wether the image have previous embedded IPTC info or not.

But... I can use the IPTC Stationary pad, and it works !!. ¿?

*Edited to modify PM version. It is 4.4.3 the version I'm testing now...someone must have updated the trial while I was out. Sorry for any inconveniences.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:54:39 PM by bokeron »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IP>TC info / tool ... not working.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:14:40 PM »
Using PM 4.4.2, Windows XP SP2.

I cant get the IPTC Info panel, when I use the "i" key (keyboard or thumbnail icon), an error message appears : "An unsupported operation was attempted". It happens always, regardless the image format, and wether the image have previous embedded IPTC info or not.

But... I can use the IPTC Stationary pad, and it works !!. ¿?

We've had a couple of people report this in the past but never have been able to reproduce the problem ourselves.

Earlier I asked you for some information and you never sent it to me.  Please send me the information I asked for and I'll see what I can do to help you.

-Kirk

Offline bokeron

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 07:59:18 PM »
Thanks for your quick answer Kirk... I'm sorry, I had to travel a lot lately. I'll send you the info right now.

Offline Dimitri

• Newcomer
  • Photojournalist and 3D stereo sports photographer
    • View Profile
    • Quebec Press Newsphotos
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 06:00:32 PM »
We've had a couple of people report this in the past but never have been able to reproduce the problem ourselves.

I'm sorry for being a bit direct, but only corrupted versions of PM from "tampering" are dysfunctional as such...

Earlier I asked you for some information and you never sent it to me.  Please send me the information I asked for and I'll see what I can do to help you.

I highly doubt anyone experiencing this "anomaly" will send you more info...

The solution is to completely uninstall the bootleg version; manually delete all registry keys modified/created from the said 3rd party "software"; reboot; install a legit version of PM; purchase a legit license and all corrupted functionalities, including "i"/iptc will be regained. So consider the case solved.

One more thing:  Piracy kills the software business and because of that, software costs more to the rest of us.

Dimitri Papadopoulos
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 07:00:49 PM by Dimitri »
Dimitri Papadopoulos
Newswire Photojournalist and 3D stereo sports photographer