Author Topic: Windows customers can't save photos after Leopard upgrade  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Geoff_P

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Windows customers can't save photos after Leopard upgrade
« on: May 26, 2008, 06:57:57 AM »
I have just upgraded to Leopard and had to reinstall PM 4.5.3.1
I am now getting feed back from my Windows using customers that they cannot use/see the images I have sent them. After going to their location, it seems that the photos are not showing up as attachments but I can see them inline in the email. I don't think it matters that I set "Mail" to send emails in plain text either.

OSX Leopard fresh install.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Windows customers can't save photos after Leopard upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:59:36 AM »
I have just upgraded to Leopard and had to reinstall PM 4.5.3.1
I am now getting feed back from my Windows using customers that they cannot use/see the images I have sent them. After going to their location, it seems that the photos are not showing up as attachments but I can see them inline in the email. I don't think it matters that I set "Mail" to send emails in plain text either.

OSX Leopard fresh install.

Sounds like a bug in Leopard's Mail.app.  Have you tried manually composing an email and inserting images into the body of your message?  Does that work OK or does it fail as well?

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Re: Windows customers can't save photos after Leopard upgrade
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 09:16:44 AM »
I can confirm that Mail on Mac (Leopard and Tiger sometimes) does send corrupted pictures. When inserting them to the message it often corrupts them. A sometimes usable solution is tp send all mails from Mac as plain text and no rich text (html).

it is not a PM bug, it is a Mac problem.

-Hilmar