Author Topic: Color and tag compatibility with Adobe  (Read 3679 times)

Offline TGeist

• View Profile
    • GG-IMAGES :: Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Color and tag compatibility with Adobe
« on: May 28, 2008, 05:47:50 AM »
I know, Adobe is not the norm, but their products are a widely used standard.

So I would love if there was a (maybe de-activateable) setting to make color class and tags compatible to Adobe's products. Stars are there in Bridge and Lightroom already, but I wish colors (at least the first 5) and tags would make it there, too.

And, dare I ask for it? - a reject tag in PM would be nice, too ;)

Thomas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color and tag compatibility with Adobe
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 06:22:12 AM »
Thomas,

I know, Adobe is not the norm, but their products are a widely used standard.

So I would love if there was a (maybe de-activateable) setting to make color class and tags compatible to Adobe's products. Stars are there in Bridge and Lightroom already, but I wish colors (at least the first 5) and tags would make it there, too.

All you have to do is make PM's Color Class names match the names you're using in Adobe's products.  Since the Labels/Color Class names can be customized in both programs, PM has no way of knowing what is currently being used by Bridge and Lightroom.  Thus there is no option in PM that can automatically perform this for you.  You'll just have to sync the three programs up manually.  Once done though you'll find that PM is quite compatible in this area as well.

Quote from: TGeist
And, dare I ask for it? - a reject tag in PM would be nice, too ;)

Is this 'reject tag' written in the XMP data somewhere?  I know that Lightroom's 'Flag' isn't written out to XMP.  Updating the XMP file is Photo Mechanic's only way of transferring information to Adobe's apps.

-Kirk

Offline TGeist

• View Profile
    • GG-IMAGES :: Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Re: Color and tag compatibility with Adobe
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »
Gosh, and I thought I hadn't sent this post!  :o
Right when I was looking into it I came across the section in PM's manual where everything is described wonderfully!

Thanks again for such a great product!

Thomas