Author Topic: IPTC Stationary Pad  (Read 4416 times)

Offline pollice

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Stationary Pad
« on: May 29, 2008, 09:26:56 AM »
In the IPTC Stationary Pad, I use the Drop Down arrows (or boxes) and they are extensive (long) and slow to navigate when there is a list that goes beyond the height of your computer monitor. I've always wanted to be able to type in the first letter of a word and have the drop down box default to that spot in my list to expedite my naming process. It would also be quite helpful if the scroll bar on the mouse was also active in this process. I could type in "P" for potato and then scroll with the mouse to the word potato that could be easily half way down the list of 15 words I've saved in this list under the letter "P." Does this make sense, I've requested this years ago but as I am again in the middle of a huge project, I long for this feature.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 10:04:28 AM »
In the IPTC Stationary Pad, I use the Drop Down arrows (or boxes) and they are extensive (long) and slow to navigate when there is a list that goes beyond the height of your computer monitor. I've always wanted to be able to type in the first letter of a word and have the drop down box default to that spot in my list to expedite my naming process. It would also be quite helpful if the scroll bar on the mouse was also active in this process. I could type in "P" for potato and then scroll with the mouse to the word potato that could be easily half way down the list of 15 words I've saved in this list under the letter "P." Does this make sense, I've requested this years ago but as I am again in the middle of a huge project, I long for this feature.

What I plan to add is auto-completion where you type the first few letters and words from those lists will be typed in for you.  That way you don't have to use the mouse at all.

-Kirk

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »
I would also be very interested in having this feature. Both the auto-complete and the scroll-wheel navigation after clicking on the drop-down arrow. If I had to choose one, then the auto-complete. Thanks.