Author Topic: Alternate Crop Method  (Read 3572 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Alternate Crop Method
« on: May 31, 2008, 06:19:28 AM »
After having gone through several hundred photos of discus throwers and trying to get the crop "about" the same for each image in the sequence (shot at 11 fps), I found myself chewing up time by drawing my constrained crop-box and then dragging it around to get the center point in the same relative place for each photo in the 12-15 image series.

What would be nice is an option to allow for a second method to draw the crop box.  I would like to click in the area that I want to be in the center of the cropped image and then drag outward.  As I drag, thee crop box would be drawn (most like in constrained mode by default) and then I could stop when I got the crop box the size I wanted.  At this point, the box is correctly centered and I can move to the next image and avoid having to drag the box to the area I want.

Now, what would be even nicer is for someone to tell me that already exists and that I just didn't find it in the manual <grin>.

Thanks!

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Alternate Crop Method
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 07:10:45 AM »
Mike,

After having gone through several hundred photos of discus throwers and trying to get the crop "about" the same for each image in the sequence (shot at 11 fps), I found myself chewing up time by drawing my constrained crop-box and then dragging it around to get the center point in the same relative place for each photo in the 12-15 image series.

What would be nice is an option to allow for a second method to draw the crop box.  I would like to click in the area that I want to be in the center of the cropped image and then drag outward.  As I drag, thee crop box would be drawn (most like in constrained mode by default) and then I could stop when I got the crop box the size I wanted.  At this point, the box is correctly centered and I can move to the next image and avoid having to drag the box to the area I want.

Now, what would be even nicer is for someone to tell me that already exists and that I just didn't find it in the manual <grin>.

No, no such option exists.  Yet.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Re: Alternate Crop Method
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »
Cool.  Food for thought for a future release.   :)

-M