Author Topic: Automated workflow using PM  (Read 5742 times)

Offline rmeggers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Automated workflow using PM
« on: May 31, 2008, 09:38:32 AM »
I am looking for a way to download Hi-Res JPEGs, apply an IPTC template, downsize the files to 3000 pixels at the longest side, and ftp the images. This would be for every image on the card, no image selection would take place. I know that PM can do each of these features but, is there a way that this workflow can be more or less automated from start to finish. As far as I can tell, I can only get this down to two steps. I am running PM 4.5.3.1 on windows XP. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Rob Meggers
Photo Editor

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Automated workflow using PM
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 01:26:07 PM »
Rob,

I am looking for a way to download Hi-Res JPEGs, apply an IPTC template, downsize the files to 3000 pixels at the longest side, and ftp the images. This would be for every image on the card, no image selection would take place. I know that PM can do each of these features but, is there a way that this workflow can be more or less automated from start to finish. As far as I can tell, I can only get this down to two steps. I am running PM 4.5.3.1 on windows XP. Any help on this would be appreciated.

No, there is no way to automate this in Photo Mechanic.  There may be some third-party apps that can record your actions and repeat them, though I don't have any recommendations at this time.

-Kirk

Offline rmeggers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »
Thanks for the reply

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 07:49:08 PM »
Since you are on Windows, Autohotkey might do this for you.

www.autohotkey.com