Author Topic: Problem hiding PM on Mac  (Read 5669 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Problem hiding PM on Mac
« on: June 03, 2008, 02:11:40 AM »
I am having problems with being unable to hide PM, using the Command-H shortcut or the menu.  It works fine initially after PM is started, but at some point stops working.  I have not been able to pin down exactly when it becomes unresponsive.  PM continues to work perfectly in other respects, but neither Command-H nor the menu item work.  Quitting and relaunching fixes the issue.  It happens on both my Mac Pro and MacBook Air, both running 10.5.3 and PM 4.5.3.1.  Any ideas?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem hiding PM on Mac
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 06:19:51 AM »
Sam,

I am having problems with being unable to hide PM, using the Command-H shortcut or the menu.  It works fine initially after PM is started, but at some point stops working.  I have not been able to pin down exactly when it becomes unresponsive.  PM continues to work perfectly in other respects, but neither Command-H nor the menu item work.  Quitting and relaunching fixes the issue.  It happens on both my Mac Pro and MacBook Air, both running 10.5.3 and PM 4.5.3.1.  Any ideas?

Are you using Photo Mechanic with Leopard's Spaces feature?

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 12:33:49 AM »
No. Spaces is disabled and never used.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:24:43 AM »
Sam,

No. Spaces is disabled and never used.

What if you Option-click on another application's windows?  PM should be hidden by the OS when the other application's window comes forward.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 10:39:03 AM »
This is still a problem I'm afraid.  Option-clicking on another app does not work, and nor does the contextual menu on PM in the Dock.  I can't seem to pin down exactly when it starts happening.  Sometime PM will have been running for some time (days even), other times it will become an issue within minutes of launching PM.  Any other ideas?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
This is still a problem I'm afraid.  Option-clicking on another app does not work, and nor does the contextual menu on PM in the Dock.  I can't seem to pin down exactly when it starts happening.  Sometime PM will have been running for some time (days even), other times it will become an issue within minutes of launching PM.  Any other ideas?

No.  The OS is responsible for hiding apps.  PM really has little to do with it.  What OS version are you using now?

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 11:23:17 AM »
OS X 10.5.4, PM 4.5.3.1, and it is still happening on both the Mac Pro and the MacBook Air.  I'll really try to work out what I'd just done next time it happens.