Author Topic: Reverse sequence when Save As renaming  (Read 2562 times)

Offline lnotwell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reverse sequence when Save As renaming
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:05:27 AM »
I made an Arrangement to order pictures from a vacation so I could "Save As" jpegs and put them on an HP LCD picture frame. Everything worked great, including using the renaming function to sequence them in order. However, when I started up the LCD, it played them in reverse order! There appears to be no menu option on the LCD to control that, so what I'd like to do is reverse the order, either of the Arrangement, or the Save As renaming function.

WRT the Arrangement, when I click the "Revers" box next to Sort By, nothing happens. Actually, that surprised me a little bit. Maybe I'm missing something there. Regarding the Save As, I just don't see any menu option or variable that would indicate what I want to accomplish.

Any advice?
Lindsay
XP Media Center SP2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Reverse sequence when Save As renaming
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
Lindsay,

I made an Arrangement to order pictures from a vacation so I could "Save As" jpegs and put them on an HP LCD picture frame. Everything worked great, including using the renaming function to sequence them in order. However, when I started up the LCD, it played them in reverse order! There appears to be no menu option on the LCD to control that, so what I'd like to do is reverse the order, either of the Arrangement, or the Save As renaming function.

WRT the Arrangement, when I click the "Revers" box next to Sort By, nothing happens. Actually, that surprised me a little bit. Maybe I'm missing something there. Regarding the Save As, I just don't see any menu option or variable that would indicate what I want to accomplish.

When in Arrangement mode, the Reverse checkbox has no effect.

As for your LCD picture frame, what did the filenames look like?

-Kirk

Offline lnotwell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse sequence when Save As renaming
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 11:44:36 AM »
I named them Pix001, Pix002, etc. Interestingly, as I've watched the slide show a few times now on the LCD, it plays them in approximately but not exactly reverse order. Strange.

Since my original post, I figured out a way. I opened that folder as a contact sheet, then sorted by filename in reverse, then did a Save As. That did the trick.

What a great tool PM is. On the other hand, if only I could get my LCD working as well...

Thanks for the quick response, however.
Lindsay
XP Media Center SP2