Author Topic: Stop PM from modifying file contents on injest  (Read 5781 times)

Offline Mike-D

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stop PM from modifying file contents on injest
« on: May 19, 2008, 06:33:27 AM »
As mentioned in the support forum, please add an option to prevent PM from modifying the content of files in ANY way when injested.

...Mike
---
Mac OS X 10.6.3
PM 4.6.5

Offline HPL

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Stop PM from modifying file contents on injest
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:07:24 AM »
... and modifying files with the ReadOnly bit set.

Peter

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:50:21 PM »
I would agree.  My specific request is that images I send to the Secondary Destination during ingest should, at least optionally, be copied as is from the camera card and not modified in any way.  I regard this backup set of images as "originals" and I do not want those files modified in any way whatsoever, just copied to my hard drive. 

Regards

Bill Wood

Offline MikeA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 11:58:22 PM »
I'm working with the demo version and slowly learning about the many options...I see the Tools-menu item that updates files' modification dates on disk to match the file-creation times stored in the EXIF or IPTC data. That's a manual operation, though, and looks as if it might have to be done repeatedly.

Is there an option always to retain the capture date/time -- as the mod. date/time for the file on disk -- even when an image file's IPTC information is updated?
“The wonderful thing about standards is that you can invent as many of ’em as you want.”
– Anonymous cynic

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 06:17:05 AM »
I'm working with the demo version and slowly learning about the many options...I see the Tools-menu item that updates files' modification dates on disk to match the file-creation times stored in the EXIF or IPTC data. That's a manual operation, though, and looks as if it might have to be done repeatedly.

Is there an option always to retain the capture date/time -- as the mod. date/time for the file on disk -- even when an image file's IPTC information is updated?

No, there is currently no option to force the capture date and time to be set as the modification date and time for the file when the file is updated.

-Kirk

Offline MikeA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:08:18 PM »
No, there is currently no option to force the capture date and time to be set as the modification date and time for the file when the file is updated.

I'd certainly appreciate the option to leave the files at their original modification date/time. If anyone else reading this thread would also find that kind of option desirable, please chime in...

“The wonderful thing about standards is that you can invent as many of ’em as you want.”
– Anonymous cynic

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 11:16:54 AM »
I have no problem with ingest PM works now. I don't need unchanged originals. I use PM to modify my images the way I want it. However I can understand the wish for a "copy only don't change anything" option.

Somewhere I read Kirk plans such an option to be added.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com