Author Topic: PM Classic Web Gallery  (Read 3219 times)

Offline photobear

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM Classic Web Gallery
« on: June 22, 2008, 01:34:21 PM »
I love the way this gallery is set up and works, but the thumbnails are spaced too far apart. How can I decrease the spacing so there is less dead space between the thumbs? I have attached an example of how it looks, and an example of how I would like it to look (the way SimpleViewer or Lightroom sets the thumbnail spacing) I am running Mac OS 10.5.3 on a Macbook with 4G ram. I'm using PM 4.5.3.2.

Thanks.

Bill

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Classic Web Gallery
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 01:53:09 PM »
Bill,

I love the way this gallery is set up and works, but the thumbnails are spaced too far apart. How can I decrease the spacing so there is less dead space between the thumbs? I have attached an example of how it looks, and an example of how I would like it to look (the way SimpleViewer or Lightroom sets the thumbnail spacing) I am running Mac OS 10.5.3 on a Macbook with 4G ram. I'm using PM 4.5.3.2.

That template creates a table that automatically resizes to fit the width of the browser.  If you size down your window narrower, the thumbnails will be drawn closer together.  It does this by specifying the width of the table as being 100% of its 'container' which is page itself.

The SimpleViewer gallery isn't HTML at all really-- it is a Flash-based presentation.

The Lightroom gallery you spoke of likely uses a fixed-width table.

You could copy the PM classic template to another place on your hard drive and then modify it to put out a fixed-width table that is pixel-based and is to your liking.  Then you would use the Files tab of the Preferences dialog to set your path to your custom templates.  Now when you use the Exporter, you can choose your modified PM Classic template and use it to generate your pages.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline photobear

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM Classic Web Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
Kirk,

Great! Thanks. You're amazingly fast with responding.

Thanks again.

Bill