Author Topic: ingest complete (8 errors)  (Read 6149 times)

Offline jax

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ingest complete (8 errors)
« on: June 17, 2008, 09:59:18 AM »
im using pm on a trial basis but i keep getting error messages after ingest is complete. it is not loading anywhere between 3-6 files at the very end of the card. i can manually load the images by ejecting the card and reinserting it in the reader.

it is happening on both sandisk and kingston 1 and 2 gb cards, mac 10.5.3, pm 4.5.3.1, delkin image router usb2.

thanks,
jacquelyn

Offline jax

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: ingest complete (8 errors)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »
hi kirk, i was unable to get the diagnostic code to appear with your instructions. any other way?

also, i have 6gb of ram, the images are jpg's and ill attach a screen shot here

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline memoriesbymichael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 03:34:11 AM »
Just posted a reply to the other ingest error post.  I too noticed it was the last few images per card.  Running same OS and version of PM.  Any updates ??

Offline jax

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »
im going to try the spotlight privacy option with my card reader with next upload as suggested in new ingest error post.
fingers crossed, would love to purchase software...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 12:11:39 PM »
im going to try the spotlight privacy option with my card reader with next upload as suggested in new ingest error post.
fingers crossed, would love to purchase software...

For both of you: if you still get the errors with the latest beta version of PM 4.5.3.2 please let me know.  If you're interested in trying a logging version of Photo Mechanic, we can pinpoint where the error is occurring and fix it.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 02:27:11 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I have the same problems:

Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS1D/_RYK1781.JPG to: /Volumes/Daten/BUNDESWEIT/0 von Karte/2/_RYK1781.JPG
Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS1D/_RYK1782.JPG to: /Volumes/Daten/BUNDESWEIT/0 von Karte/2/_RYK1782.JPG
Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS1D/_RYK1784.JPG to: /Volumes/Daten/BUNDESWEIT/0 von Karte/2/_RYK1784.JPG
Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS1D/_RYK1786.JPG to: /Volumes/Daten/BUNDESWEIT/0 von Karte/2/_RYK1786.JPG
Warning: Finished copying from volume "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/", but not unmounting because there were errors.

MACBOOK AIR, MAC OS 10.5.4, PM newest beta version.
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 06:27:40 AM »
Oryk,

I have the same problems:

Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS1D/_RYK1781.JPG to: /Volumes/Daten/BUNDESWEIT/0 von Karte/2/_RYK1781.JPG
Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS1D/_RYK1782.JPG to: /Volumes/Daten/BUNDESWEIT/0 von Karte/2/_RYK1782.JPG
Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS1D/_RYK1784.JPG to: /Volumes/Daten/BUNDESWEIT/0 von Karte/2/_RYK1784.JPG
Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS1D/_RYK1786.JPG to: /Volumes/Daten/BUNDESWEIT/0 von Karte/2/_RYK1786.JPG
Warning: Finished copying from volume "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/", but not unmounting because there were errors.

MACBOOK AIR, MAC OS 10.5.4, PM newest beta version.

Would you be willing to try a logging version of PM?  Click on my name to the left of this message and then click on the link titled 'Send this member a personal message'.  I will respond with a link to a logging version of Photo Mechanic.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline memoriesbymichael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 02:24:18 AM »
Did the new beta resolve this issue ... more crashed tonight.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
Did the new beta resolve this issue ... more crashed tonight.

What we found was that only cards that had images deleted in camera before the ingest caused issues.  Cards that were not edited in camera ingested fine.

Do you often delete images in the camera before you ingest?

-Kirk