Author Topic: Ingest finish notification  (Read 5069 times)

Offline antpix

• View Profile
Ingest finish notification
« on: June 18, 2008, 03:21:22 AM »
Kirk would it be possible to have an option to SHOW the ingest progress window when the ingest is complete in addition to the HIDE it option. 

I immediately start to edit the contact sheet when the process starts and am having to constantly check to see when the ingest is finished before I can exchange the CF card for the next ingest.

Also it appears that when FTPing files the copy file in the 'sent' folder are populated as soon as the FTP process starts rather than when a file is actually sent, which can be confusing if the FTP connection crashes. It is sometimes difficult to know what has and hasn't actually been sent, especially if you are FTPing to multiple addresses or editing the list once the FTP has started. Therefore can the copy be moved to the 'sent' folder once the file has actually been confirmed as sent.

It would also be great to be able to only save a low res say 300px or smaller file as it is often only for reference/confirmation that I check the 'sent' folder

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest finish notification
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 07:02:27 AM »
Kirk would it be possible to have an option to SHOW the ingest progress window when the ingest is complete in addition to the HIDE it option. 

I immediately start to edit the contact sheet when the process starts and am having to constantly check to see when the ingest is finished before I can exchange the CF card for the next ingest.

Yes, but since a simple click back in the main window of Photo Mechanic would send the Ingest progress window to the back, a better solution would be for a modal message box to appear that you have to "OK" to continue.  This would of course need to be an option for those that want it.

Quote from: antpix
Also it appears that when FTPing files the copy file in the 'sent' folder are populated as soon as the FTP process starts rather than when a file is actually sent, which can be confusing if the FTP connection crashes. It is sometimes difficult to know what has and hasn't actually been sent, especially if you are FTPing to multiple addresses or editing the list once the FTP has started. Therefore can the copy be moved to the 'sent' folder once the file has actually been confirmed as sent.

I'll look into this for version 4.6.

-Kirk

Offline antpix

• View Profile
Re: Ingest finish notification
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »
Kirk

All good with both those solutions. Eagerly awaiting the update when it comes through. PM just gets better and better. Thanks

Ant