Author Topic: Renaming folder causes PM to not display contents  (Read 3772 times)

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
Renaming folder causes PM to not display contents
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:48:58 AM »
I think this is a glitch? I just renamed 2 folders from within PM (control click>rename folder). After doing this the images (which were in a subfolder) were no longer shown and PM showed Zero items in the folder. F5 didn't make it refresh. Closing and re-opening PM fixed this, but I'm wondering if there is any way to avoid this or to force PM to rescan a folder?

Thanks,

Ric Cohn

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming folder causes PM to not display contents
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 12:56:47 PM »
Ric,

I think this is a glitch? I just renamed 2 folders from within PM (control click>rename folder). After doing this the images (which were in a subfolder) were no longer shown and PM showed Zero items in the folder. F5 didn't make it refresh. Closing and re-opening PM fixed this, but I'm wondering if there is any way to avoid this or to force PM to rescan a folder?

Since the path has changed, the old path no longer has the files.  You wouldn't need to quit, just close the tabs and reopen them.

-Kirk

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
Re: Renaming folder causes PM to not display contents
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »
Kirk, Thanks!

I probably missed this in the Help, but if it's not in there, maybe a note about this should be added?

Ric