Author Topic: Capture NX2 as default editor problem  (Read 3065 times)

Offline PGuyton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Capture NX2 as default editor problem
« on: June 25, 2008, 02:49:18 AM »
I upgraded from Capture NX to NX2 recently. Prior to that, if I right clicked a thumbnail and selected "edit", PM would fire up NX with the appropriate image file (NEF in this case).  PM did this automatically using the default Finder app for NEFs (which was NX).

After the upgrade: "edit" does nothing even if I manually go in to Preferences, Launching, Default application to edit photos and assign NX2 as my default app.

However, after I've done that, I can use "Edit With" to open the file in NX2. The funning thing is that I've completely removed Capture NX from my system and when I select Edit With..., I see three options: Photoshop, NX2 and NX.

How do I fix?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Capture NX2 as default editor problem
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 06:26:43 AM »
I upgraded from Capture NX to NX2 recently. Prior to that, if I right clicked a thumbnail and selected "edit", PM would fire up NX with the appropriate image file (NEF in this case).  PM did this automatically using the default Finder app for NEFs (which was NX).

After the upgrade: "edit" does nothing even if I manually go in to Preferences, Launching, Default application to edit photos and assign NX2 as my default app.

However, after I've done that, I can use "Edit With" to open the file in NX2. The funning thing is that I've completely removed Capture NX from my system and when I select Edit With..., I see three options: Photoshop, NX2 and NX.

How do I fix?

It sounds like at some point you may have added Capture NX (the original one) as one of your custom editors.  Go into the Preferences dialog, click on the Launching tab, then click on the 'Set...' button.  Anywhere you see the original Capture NX listed, click on that item and use the 'Choose...' button and pick Capture NX2.  Then click the 'Apply' button.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline PGuyton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Capture NX2 as default editor problem
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »
That's it! Thanks.

I missed the "set" button entirely. I was trying to fix the issue only with the "default application to edit photos" setting, which sounded the right place (to me). But the "set" button showed me where the old NX app was still being referred to as the default NEF editor.

Regards,
Peter G.