Author Topic: renaming question  (Read 5422 times)

Offline zeddi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
renaming question
« on: June 28, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »
Hello!

I use a Windows xp SR3 and the last version of PhotoMechanics (4.5.3.1).
Furthermore I use two cameras of Nikon:  one D3 and one D300.
I would like to rename the files automatic (with ingest) to the following schema:
D3:       y{actuations}
D300:   e{actuations}
and {actuations} should be with leading zeros, like 004568.

Is this possible? How I can recognize the both cameras and set the different letters?

Best regards
Joerg
www.hauke-photo.com

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: renaming question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 09:52:27 AM »
I don't think you'll get the actuations with leading zeroes.  Adding a letter for the model can be achieved via a code replacement.
Simple create a code replacement file with the model name, a tab character, and the letter you want this model to get.  Then set your renaming string as follows:
\{model}\{act}
and you should be done  :)

Your Code Replacement file could look something like this (make sure to use a tab character before the replacement letter!):
// Photo Mechanic Code Replacement File
// Camera Model
NIKON D3           y
NIKON D300   e
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 11:41:51 PM »
I don't think you'll get the actuations with leading zeroes.  Adding a letter for the model can be achieved via a code replacement.
Simple create a code replacement file with the model name, a tab character, and the letter you want this model to get.  Then set your renaming string as follows:
\{model}\{act}

Your Code Replacement file could look something like this (make sure to use a tab character before the replacement letter!):
// Camera Model
NIKON D3           y
NIKON D300   e

Regarding leading zeros I cannot say anything maybe Kirk can.

By my oservations on Windows you surely cannot use / as code replacement delimiter in filenames so I switched to + instead it has no interference with filenaming. And if you use {snum} instead of the camera models then it works fine with not only different types of bodies but also with two (or more) different bodies of the same model.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 06:49:37 AM »
\{model}\{act}

// Camera Model
NIKON D3           y
NIKON D300   e

Regarding leading zeros I cannot say anything maybe Kirk can.

Other than the sequence variable, there are no controls for adding leading zeroes to numeric values.

-Kirk