Author Topic: plus sign without sub folders?  (Read 8635 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
plus sign without sub folders?
« on: June 23, 2006, 06:17:56 AM »
All folders currently have a plus sign wether they have sub folders or not can that be changed to only if there are sub folders? Also is there a logic to wether a folder tree is open or not. I seem to have folder trees expanded even for folders that contain no images - I close them up but when I restart PM they are open again.

Thanks
Joe

Win XP Media center - amd 3800 Dual Core - 1g ram
PM 4.4.3.1
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline kbell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: plus sign without sub folders?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 01:48:19 PM »
All folders currently have a plus sign wether they have sub folders or not can that be changed to only if there are sub folders? Also is there a logic to wether a folder tree is open or not. I seem to have folder trees expanded even for folders that contain no images - I close them up but when I restart PM they are open again.
Win XP Media center - amd 3800 Dual Core - 1g ram
PM 4.4.3.1

Joe,

The default Windows behavior for network drives is to show a plus sign next to them if they've never been expanded.  The reason for this is to remove the need for Windows to scan a folder over a possibly slow network connection until it is necessary to actually view the folder contents.

If this is not your situation, it would help me to try and reproduce your issue if you could tell me if your folders are on a network drive?

And if you click on the plus sign, does it go away?

Are those folders on a special device or is there other information you can give me about them that might be applicable?

Thanks,
Kathy

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 06:18:06 PM »
Sorry Kathy - I forgot to mention that I was working a mapped network drive (nothing fancy) the machine it is stored on is XP Pro the machine I'm accessing with is XP Media center. Yes the plus sign stays wether I click on the plus or actually open the folder in a contact sheet. In explorer the plus goes away on both occasions.

Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 06:23:28 PM »
Sorry Kathy - I forgot to mention that I was working a mapped network drive (nothing fancy) the machine it is stored on is XP Pro the machine I'm accessing with is XP Media center. Yes the plus sign stays wether I click on the plus or actually open the folder in a contact sheet. In explorer the plus goes away on both occasions.

Do you mean to say that you are not clicking on the '+' and are instead double-clicking the folder to open it as a Contact Sheet?  If so, then the '+' sign will stay.  Only clicking on the '+' will cause the Navigator to scan for subfolders on network drives.  Once expanded, you will either see child folders, or you will see the '+' disappear.

Kathy may have more to add, but I think this sums it up pretty well.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 10:33:42 AM »
I was trying both - Clicking on the plus has no effect unless there ARE sub folders - But either way the plus signs stay on  - on a mapped network drive. Double clicking on the plus opens the folder in a contact but still the plus stays.

Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline kbell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 07:13:21 PM »
I was trying both - Clicking on the plus has no effect unless there ARE sub folders - But either way the plus signs stay on  - on a mapped network drive. Double clicking on the plus opens the folder in a contact but still the plus stays.

Joe,

I verified the behavior you describe for network folders, local folders seem to work correctly.

This is fixed now for PMNavigator.ocx version 1.027 or greater.  Thanks for letting us know.

- Kathy

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 07:35:25 AM »
Can I download just that file or do I wait till the next update?

Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 08:02:55 AM »
Joe,

Can I download just that file or do I wait till the next update?

I will try to build a Navigator/Favorites installer today that will be separate from the 4.4.3.1 release.  I'm pressed for time because I am going to be a panelist at Microsoft's Pro Photo Summit on Wednesday and Thursday.

I'll let you know when I have something to try.

-Kirk