Author Topic: Auto resize of crop marker  (Read 3439 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Auto resize of crop marker
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:52:41 PM »
I keep experiencing a strange behavior of the crop setting rectangle marker. It often happens in the latest beta (I experienced it in earlier versions as well) under MacOSX 10.5.2 that when I move the rectangle of the crop selection it automatically resizes (shrinks) when pulled to the bottom edge of the image. I usually have preview window on full screen info and filmstrip bars hidden. It is not a great problem doesn't cause a real delay in work just a strange behavior I don't really understand. Maybe an unintended malfunction or maybe an intentional feature I don't understand?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Auto resize of crop marker
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:12:28 PM »
I keep experiencing a strange behavior of the crop setting rectangle marker. It often happens in the latest beta (I experienced it in earlier versions as well) under MacOSX 10.5.2 that when I move the rectangle of the crop selection it automatically resizes (shrinks) when pulled to the bottom edge of the image. I usually have preview window on full screen info and filmstrip bars hidden. It is not a great problem doesn't cause a real delay in work just a strange behavior I don't really understand. Maybe an unintended malfunction or maybe an intentional feature I don't understand?

I'm not sure I understand what you're describing.  I tried dragging both a constrained crop and an unconstrained crop such that its bottom edge hit the bottom of the window and all it did was stop at the bottom of the window.  It did not change size.

Am I missing something?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Auto resize of crop marker
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »

I'm not sure I understand what you're describing.  I tried dragging both a constrained crop and an unconstrained crop such that its bottom edge hit the bottom of the window and all it did was stop at the bottom of the window.  It did not change size.

Am I missing something?

-Kirk

You understood me correctly, but i dont know how you could reproduce it. It usually keeps happening from time to time. Next time i will try to test and better to document it.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com