Author Topic: 4.5.3.2 Beta 5 windows version won't load  (Read 3259 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
4.5.3.2 Beta 5 windows version won't load
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:04:20 PM »
Just downloaded and installed the Beta 5 windows version of Photo Mechanic and it won't load, there appears to be a bug when you try and start the program.  What's happening is that the Photo Mechanic splash screen appears and then the Pop Up window that notifies you that this is a beta version is popping up behind the spash screen so that you can't click on the "ok" button. I uninstalled the Beta 5 version and reloaded the Beta 4 version and it loads fine.  The difference is that on the Beta 4 version is that the loading order is different, on the Beta 4 version first the Pop Up window telling you that its a Beta version pops up and you hit the "OK" button and then the Photo Mechanic splash screen appears and then the program loads.  On the Beta 5 version the Splash Screen appears first and the Pop Up window notifying you that it's a beta version then pops up behind the splash screen so that you don't have access to the "Ok" button and the program never loads.  It's 11pm on 6/30/08 at my location and my Beta 4 version is going to expire in 1 hour. I guess I'll have to load the 4.5.3.1 version till this gets fixed.

Thanks,
Ron
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline ostonica

• View Profile
Re: 4.5.3.2 Beta 5 windows version won't load
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 08:24:13 PM »
Just downloaded and installed the Beta 5 windows version of Photo Mechanic and it won't load, there appears to be a bug when you try and start the program.  What's happening is that the Photo Mechanic splash screen appears and then the Pop Up window that notifies you that this is a beta version is popping up behind the spash screen so that you can't click on the "ok" button.

Thanks,
Ron

I have encountered the same behaviour, running windows XP, with one slight difference. I have a dual monitor and if I move the PM launch icon to the second monitor then the Beta warning appears on the second monitor and I can launch PM after pressing the OK button. If the launch icon is on the 1st monitor, then you can only see the beta warning semi-transparently behind the splash screen and the OK button is not active.

Jim Swift

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »
Ron and Jim,

Just downloaded and installed the Beta 5 windows version of Photo Mechanic and it won't load, there appears to be a bug when you try and start the program.  What's happening is that the Photo Mechanic splash screen appears and then the Pop Up window that notifies you that this is a beta version is popping up behind the spash screen so that you can't click on the "ok" button. I uninstalled the Beta 5 version and reloaded the Beta 4 version and it loads fine.  The difference is that on the Beta 4 version is that the loading order is different, on the Beta 4 version first the Pop Up window telling you that its a Beta version pops up and you hit the "OK" button and then the Photo Mechanic splash screen appears and then the program loads.  On the Beta 5 version the Splash Screen appears first and the Pop Up window notifying you that it's a beta version then pops up behind the splash screen so that you don't have access to the "Ok" button and the program never loads.  It's 11pm on 6/30/08 at my location and my Beta 4 version is going to expire in 1 hour. I guess I'll have to load the 4.5.3.1 version till this gets fixed.

Problem fixed.  Download it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 05:03:37 AM »
Thanks for the quick response Kirk, Beta 5 works fine now! :)

Ron
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog