Author Topic: Live Slideshow  (Read 2949 times)

Offline tonys

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Slideshow
« on: July 01, 2008, 06:38:01 AM »
Hi, I am a new user, currently evaluating PM.
I like the "Live Slideshow" feature - which I am trying to use with both WFT-E1 & WFT-E2 Canon wireless tranmitters.

The files are arriving in the nominated folder, however, fairly frequently the image displayed by PM only shows the top 1/4 of the photo, it seems that PM is reading the image before it has completely been written to the hard drive(?)

If there are several images in the "queue" (i.e. I've taken several and they arrive before the previous image "display time" has elapsed), then they seem to display fine.

Is there any way to overcome this issue please?

Many Thanks

Tony

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Slideshow
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »
Tony,

Hi, I am a new user, currently evaluating PM.
I like the "Live Slideshow" feature - which I am trying to use with both WFT-E1 & WFT-E2 Canon wireless tranmitters.

The files are arriving in the nominated folder, however, fairly frequently the image displayed by PM only shows the top 1/4 of the photo, it seems that PM is reading the image before it has completely been written to the hard drive(?)

If there are several images in the "queue" (i.e. I've taken several and they arrive before the previous image "display time" has elapsed), then they seem to display fine.

Is there any way to overcome this issue please?

What type of images are you shooting?  JPEG or RAW?  If RAW, then which RAW type are you shooting?  NEF?  CR2?  Something else?

-Kirk

Offline tonys

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 11:08:12 PM »
I have simply been shooting .jpg images of about 5-6Mb each - using two Canon 1D cameras (a 1DMkIIn & 1Ds MkIII)

Offline tonys

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 11:15:32 PM »
Sorry, just re-read that and need to clarify that I have tried BOTH cameras, but not used them at the same time.

[Edit] FYI, I am using Blackmoon FTP server.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:04:16 AM by tonys »