Author Topic: Compatability with Nikon Capture NX2  (Read 4117 times)

Offline Alan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Compatability with Nikon Capture NX2
« on: July 02, 2008, 05:50:40 PM »
I'm running NX2 on vista and trying to get labels and ratings to work between the programs. Almost all the time the ratings work, but i can not get labels put in one program to show up in the other. I tried the setting in the manual and ones that were in a message posted here a few days back but I have not been able to get labels to work. Also any insight into why ratings put in PM don't always show in NX2 would be appreciated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Compatability with Nikon Capture NX2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »
Alan,

I'm running NX2 on vista and trying to get labels and ratings to work between the programs. Almost all the time the ratings work, but i can not get labels put in one program to show up in the other. I tried the setting in the manual and ones that were in a message posted here a few days back but I have not been able to get labels to work. Also any insight into why ratings put in PM don't always show in NX2 would be appreciated.

I suggest you try the PM 4.5.3.2 beta and enable the new "Synchronize Color Class with IPTC/XMP Urgency" feature on the General tab of the Preferences dialog.  Also, be sure to check out the new built-in help for information on how to setup the IPTC/XMP tab to be most compatible with Capture NX2.

There is still one issue that is a bug in Capture NX2 where it doesn't write out the correct Label name when saving a NEF file.  It always appears to work fine if you only "Apply" the label changes.  Nik Multimedia has been informed of the problem and hopefully they'll have a fix for this issue soon.

You can get the latest beta from the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk