Author Topic: Watermark no show  (Read 4988 times)

Offline foyle3

• View Profile
Watermark no show
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:02:28 AM »
Using "SAve as" for the first time with PM4.5 and Vista.  Image is set to 450 pixels for email and watermark is present and ticked but does not appear at all on the saved image.  I've used this a lot with 4.3.3 and XP without problems.  Something simple I've missed ?    PS IPTC info went missing after copying and photoshopping files on a big job last week resulting in a deal of typing - are there known issues with Vista ?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:04:21 AM by foyle3 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermark no show
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:33:35 AM »
Using "SAve as" for the first time with PM4.5 and Vista.  Image is set to 450 pixels for email and watermark is present and ticked but does not appear at all on the saved image.  I've used this a lot with 4.3.3 and XP without problems.  Something simple I've missed ?    PS IPTC info went missing after copying and photoshopping files on a big job last week resulting in a deal of typing - are there known issues with Vista ?

Not that I know of.  I suggest you contact our support folks with these issues and let them troubleshoot the issues with you directly.  Please call 503-547-2888.

Make sure you're using at least version 4.5.3.1 or if you want to try the latest version, see the Announcements section for the 4.5.3.2 beta version.

-Kirk

Offline foyle3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:12:23 AM »
It is 4.5.3.1.   Just tried a few things - the landscape format pictures are watermarked exactly as they should : the portrait pics not watermarked at all.   Strange.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 11:53:56 AM »
It is 4.5.3.1.   Just tried a few things - the landscape format pictures are watermarked exactly as they should : the portrait pics not watermarked at all.   Strange.

There is a limit to how much text you can put on small images (I think you said 450px) and the Watermarker will only choose a font that is bigger than 5pt.  If it gets smaller than 6pt then no text will be drawn since it wouldn't be legible.

That may be what is happening to you.

-Kirk

Offline foyle3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 01:43:59 AM »
That seems to be the case.  Never noticed a problem in 4.3   Need the small pictures to mail out samples and the watermark because some "customers" would be happy with 450dps !   Now I know what to sort out - many thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 07:18:55 AM »
That seems to be the case.  Never noticed a problem in 4.3   Need the small pictures to mail out samples and the watermark because some "customers" would be happy with 450dps !   Now I know what to sort out - many thanks.

If you can shorten your watermark text by just a few characters it probably will render, but at only 6pt.

-Kirk