Author Topic: XMP Date Created  (Read 5394 times)

Offline wazrob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
XMP Date Created
« on: July 04, 2008, 03:08:39 AM »
I am using Windows XP SP3 with 2GB memory and all my photos are jpg

I have the following problem:
Photo Mechanic creates the “XMP Photoshop Date Created” as YYYY:MM:DD and adds an “XMP:Photomech Time Created” tag with the format of HH:MM:SS+HH:MM.
All other XMP dates including Date Created which are created by Adobe photoshop Lightroom and my geotagging software are formatted as YYYY:MM:DD HH:MM:SS+HH:MM

The XMP standard for XMP dates as specified by www.iptc.org is:

XMP Implementation of photoshop:DateCreated:
Designates the date and optionally the time the intellectual content was created rather than the date of the creation of the physical representation. If no time is given the value should default to 00:00:00.
Note 1: Any content of the IIM dataset 2:60, Time Created, should be merged to this element.
Note 2: Implementers are encouraged to provide the creation date and time from the EXIF data of a digital camera to the user for entering this date for the first time.

When I geotag my photos the date is created with the correct time zone of where the photo was taken.

If I then update the photos with Photo Mechanic, I end up with an XMP Date Created of YYYY:MM:DD, the time and time zone removed.

All of my previous photos have the correct XMP Date Created.  If I use Photo Mechanic to update these photos for any reason I will loose this important information.

Is there any way that the XMP Date Created can be created as YYYY:MM:DD HH:MM:SS +HH:MM you may still create the “XMP:Photomech Time Created” tag as this would fit better into the XMP specification, and would also make my life a lot easier.

Thanks,
Warren

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: XMP Date Created
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 06:58:53 AM »
Warren,

I am using Windows XP SP3 with 2GB memory and all my photos are jpg

I have the following problem:
Photo Mechanic creates the “XMP Photoshop Date Created” as YYYY:MM:DD and adds an “XMP:Photomech Time Created” tag with the format of HH:MM:SS+HH:MM.
All other XMP dates including Date Created which are created by Adobe photoshop Lightroom and my geotagging software are formatted as YYYY:MM:DD HH:MM:SS+HH:MM

The XMP standard for XMP dates as specified by www.iptc.org is:

XMP Implementation of photoshop:DateCreated:
Designates the date and optionally the time the intellectual content was created rather than the date of the creation of the physical representation. If no time is given the value should default to 00:00:00.
Note 1: Any content of the IIM dataset 2:60, Time Created, should be merged to this element.
Note 2: Implementers are encouraged to provide the creation date and time from the EXIF data of a digital camera to the user for entering this date for the first time.

When I geotag my photos the date is created with the correct time zone of where the photo was taken.

If I then update the photos with Photo Mechanic, I end up with an XMP Date Created of YYYY:MM:DD, the time and time zone removed.

All of my previous photos have the correct XMP Date Created.  If I use Photo Mechanic to update these photos for any reason I will loose this important information.

Is there any way that the XMP Date Created can be created as YYYY:MM:DD HH:MM:SS +HH:MM you may still create the “XMP:Photomech Time Created” tag as this would fit better into the XMP specification, and would also make my life a lot easier.

There is no preference in Photo Mechanic that will allow the date to be specified in the format you desire.  Photo Mechanic would have to be changed to do as you're asking.  We're considering it for version 4.6.

-Kirk