Author Topic: Speed Issues  (Read 2987 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Speed Issues
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »
I'm Running the beta 4.5.3.2 -on Dual core XP Pro with 3gb RAM. Start up is getting slower - 4 + Minutes.
Also anything involving navigator like creating new folders, renaming folders is very slow.

Today I tried to create a a new subfolder - waited a while then went to explorer to do it (and delete a couple other folders) . PM never saw my new folder even with refresh it never showed up I needed to close & restart PM.

But THEN PM still showed the Deleted folders and not the folder I created in explorer or the new folder PM created ("New Folder")?

The CD folder is at bottom of the NAv window with it's old folders - the explorer window has the current content.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 08:18:58 AM by jasphoto »
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Speed Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
I'm Running the beta 4.5.3.2 -on Dual core XP Pro with 3gb RAM. Start up is getting slower - 4 + Minutes.
Also anything involving navigator like creating new folders, renaming folders is very slow.

Today I tried to create a a new subfolder - waited a while then went to explorer to do it (and delete a couple other folders) . PM never saw my new folder even with refresh it never showed up I needed to close & restart PM.

But THEN PM still showed the Deleted folders and not the folder I created in explorer or the new folder PM created ("New Folder")?

The CD folder is at bottom of the NAv window with it's old folders - the explorer window has the current content.

I don't know what would cause that, but I can tell you that nothing has changed in the Navigator since the early releases of 4.5.  There were no changes at all between 4.5.3.1 and 4.5.3.2 in regards to the Navigator.

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:34:13 AM »
Sorry Kirk - the Folder issue was my error - PM was looking at my backup drive - My Bad.
But the speed is still an issue on a PC reboot - PM takes more then 2 minutes to start. Often longer. That's not just my PC getting older - IS IT???
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:43:10 AM »
Sorry Kirk - the Folder issue was my error - PM was looking at my backup drive - My Bad.
But the speed is still an issue on a PC reboot - PM takes more then 2 minutes to start. Often longer. That's not just my PC getting older - IS IT???

Do you have any server volumes mounted?  It sounds like slow server access to me...

-Kirk