Author Topic: Delete Folder=Weird Behavior  (Read 4795 times)

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Delete Folder=Weird Behavior
« on: June 25, 2006, 11:28:46 AM »
OSX 10.4.6
PM 4.4.3.1
---------------------

I use the navigator to delete folders, CTRL-Click----> Move to trash...when I do this, the contact sheet window minimizes and goes to the dock or goes away completely.  Is this the way this is supposed to work?

I guess if I'm actually viewing the contents of that specific folder and then I delete it, PM doesn't know what to display...I'm not sure if I like the action of PM completely going away though.  In my workflow, I move/consolidate file/folders then delete the empty folders...

Just looking for feedback...

Delane

Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Delete Folder=Weird Behavior
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 12:21:02 PM »
OSX 10.4.6
PM 4.4.3.1
---------------------

I use the navigator to delete folders, CTRL-Click----> Move to trash...when I do this, the contact sheet window minimizes and goes to the dock or goes away completely.  Is this the way this is supposed to work?

I guess if I'm actually viewing the contents of that specific folder and then I delete it, PM doesn't know what to display...I'm not sure if I like the action of PM completely going away though.  In my workflow, I move/consolidate file/folders then delete the empty folders...

Just looking for feedback...

If a folder that is moved to the trash is currently open as a contact sheet, the contact sheet is closed since the path that it is viewing is no longer valid (it does not exist).

It should never just minimize to the dock.  Are you seeing that happen?

-Kirk

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 02:43:07 PM »
I'll try to duplicate it...but I'm betting that I had other contact sheets in the dock and I "thought" that behavior (minimizing to the dock) was happening.  I was working with 8-10 contact sheeets and it was confusing...

I guess theres no other option if I'm deleting the folder that's currently open as a contact sheet. 

I'll reconfirm and let you know after/when I do my final edit.

Delane
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Photo_op

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 07:41:48 AM »
"If a folder that is moved to the trash is currently open as a contact sheet, the contact sheet is closed since the path that it is viewing is no longer valid (it does not exist).

-Kirk"

Kirk- I was going to write with the same question but searched first. I use the procedure that Delane outlines here. I'm using the Mac version and getting the same result. The contact sheet closes. I then have to reopen or use File -> Open Recent. I gathered from the response above that the closing is what the program was designed to do. But, programming dificulties aside, I would certainly suggest this should have been a feature request long ago. If it wasn't then consider it a request now.

Also, I have also searched to no avail regarding changing font size in either "Contact Sheet" or "pringting". If this has already been a recent topic, could you point me to it?

Thank you,
Dave
MacMini, 8 Meg RAM, OS X 10.8.2, PM 5, Lightroom 4.2, Sony 580, Fuji X10

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 12:30:33 PM »
Dave,

Also, I have also searched to no avail regarding changing font size in either "Contact Sheet" or "pringting". If this has already been a recent topic, could you point me to it?

The size of the fonts in printing is determined by the number of lines you devote to the thumbnail text, and the amount of text that is printed.  The font size is adjusted to fit the available area.

-Kirk