Author Topic: print resolution  (Read 2229 times)

Offline JHJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
print resolution
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:30:27 PM »
How do I change the print resolution? Do I select one of the three or enter a resolution?

File- Print:
Enter a Resolution value for your prints. Photo Mechanic will render the photos at the given print resolution.
quarter 378
half 534
full 756

I can change the resolution here. Which resolution is used for printing, the former or the latter?

Tools Menu- Change Resolution:
This command will change the print resolution (e.g. pixels per inch) to the desired value for the selected photos that already have embedded resolution info.

I am getting good prints with "use printer scaling" unchecked but wanted to know what resolution is actually being used.

ver 4.5.3.1
XP Pro sp2, 1.5 gb

Thanks,
Jim

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: print resolution
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »
Jim,

How do I change the print resolution? Do I select one of the three or enter a resolution?

File- Print:
Enter a Resolution value for your prints. Photo Mechanic will render the photos at the given print resolution.
quarter 378
half 534
full 756

I can change the resolution here. Which resolution is used for printing, the former or the latter?

Tools Menu- Change Resolution:
This command will change the print resolution (e.g. pixels per inch) to the desired value for the selected photos that already have embedded resolution info.

I am getting good prints with "use printer scaling" unchecked but wanted to know what resolution is actually being used.

The former one.  The latter one only changes an EXIF tag to tell other applications how you want your pixels to be interpreted.  Other apps can choose to follow that hint or ignore it altogether.

-Kirk